Registrar — General Registration Information Undergraduate Students
INITIAL CLASS REGISTRATION begins - via WEBREG on Sunday, November 2, 2014 (11:00pm-2:00am) through Friday, November 7, 2014 (according to posted Hours of Operation on the WEBREG website)
In-Person Registration for NJIT courses begins on Monday, November 3, 2014. Click here to view Undergraduate Exchange Registration Instructions
The Spring 2015 Schedule of Classes is now available on line.
Click here to view the Schedule of Classes.
Students are strongly encouraged to seek academic advisement prior to registering for courses. Please follow the appropriate links below for Academic Advisement information for each of the undergraduate schools at Rutgers Newark.
- Newark College of Arts and Sciences (21)
- Rutgers Business School (29)
- School of Public Affairs and Administration (40)
- School of Criminal Justice (47)
- University College - Newark (62)
- School of Nursing - Newark/New Brunswick Campus (25N/B)
The Registration schedule for all continuing undergraduate students who are eligible to register into Spring 2015 courses is as follows:
- For students with 105 or more degree credits - Sunday, Nov. 2 (11:00pm-2:00am)
- For students with 105 or more degree credits - Monday, Nov. 3 (6:30am-10:59pm)
- For students with 90 or more degree credits - Monday, Nov. 3 (11:00pm-2:00am)
- For students with 90 or more degree credits - Tuesday, Nov. 4 (6:30am-10:59pm)
- For students with 75 or more degree credits - Tuesday, Nov. 4 (11:00pm-2:00am)
- For students with 75 or more degree credits - Wednesday, Nov. 5 (6:30am-10:59pm)
- For students with 60 or more degree credits - Wednesday, Nov. 5 (11:00pm-2:00am)
- For students with 60 or more degree credits - Thursday, Nov. 6 (6:30am-10:59pm)
- For All eligible students ------------------- Thursday, Nov. 6 (11:00pm-2:00am)
- For All eligible students ------------------- Friday, Nov. 7 (6:30am-10:59pm)
- For All eligible students ------------------- Friday, Nov. 7 (according to posted Hours of Operation on the WEBREG website)
NOTE: *Degree credits are credits already earned toward graduation; they do not include credits for courses currently in progress.
Click on the following link to logon to WEBREG.
Students who are unfamiliar with the WEBREG registration system should follow this link which explains how to use the WEBREG system.
In-Person Registration conducted at the Office of the Registrar during the normal hours of operation on November 3 - November 7, 2014 will also follow the degree credits eligibility guidelines above
Initial Class Registration into NJIT courses: November 3 - November 7, 2014 (According to the degree credits schedule above)
Students may register for NJIT courses in 28:120 (Biology) or 28:088 (Theater) via WEBREG starting November 2, 2014 in accordance with degree credit restrictions above. Please see the Schedule of Classes for specific *Course Notes regarding registration for these Biology and Theater courses.
All other registration, add/drop for NJIT courses, including those offered under course unit 28, must be done In-Person at the Registrar's Office.
Please see the Schedule of Classes for specific *Notes regarding registration for all NJIT courses.
Students registered for NJIT courses must adhere to the NJIT ADD/DROP schedule.
January 26, 2015 is the LAST DAY TO ADD/DROP NJIT COURSES WITHOUT 'W' GRADE.
Click here for NJIT Class Schedule
Maximum credits overload and courses requiring prerequisites may only be overridden at the Registrar's Office after obtaining the Academic Dean's permission. Registering with a prefix must also be done at the Registrar's Office.
All other restrictions, eg. Over enrollments into Closed Courses, may be overridden through the WEBREG system via special permission numbers obtained from the Academic departments.
Hours of Operation during this INITIAL CLASS REGISTRATION period:
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
In addition, the office is open on:
Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2014 from 8:30am to 6:00pm for Spring 2015 registration.
Normal Hours of Operation: During the Fall/Spring semester when classes are in session.
Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. - 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wed. 10:00am - 6:00pm (only during regular academic year when classes are in session September - May)
The WEBREG system will continue to be available for Spring 2015, Late Registration from November 8, 2014 through January 16, 2015. It is to your advantage to seek advisement and register early in order to avoid being closed out of classes.
NOTE: Students with outstanding debts equal to $200 or greater will be blocked from registration.
** All the above is tentative and subject to change without notice.