Winter Registration Instructions
WINTER SESSION 2017
Get ahead, graduate early, lighten your course load by taking a Winter Session course.
The following instructions are intended for Continuing Rutgers University - Newark Students, as such, individuals who are not currently attending Rutgers may enroll for Winter Session courses as Visiting Non-Rutgers Students by following the instructions on the Winter Session website.
Review the Winter Session 2017 Catalog here.
Search through a list of courses being offered for Winter Session 2017 at the Rutgers Schedule of Classes. Select the Term: "Winter 2017", Location: "Newark" and Level: "Undergraduate" or "Graduate", then click "Continue".
Continuing students seeking to register for Winter Session courses should review the following instructions.
- Important Dates
- Registration Procedures
- WEBREG Hours
- In-Person Registration
- Late Registration
- Term Bill Payment
- October 3 - REGISTRATION BEGINS
- December 5 - TERM BILL DUE
(Note: that this is the last day to register or make payment without a late fee.)
- December 6-22 - LATE REGISTRATION & PAYMENT PERIOD
(Note that $125 late fee is assessed.)
- December 22 - LAST DAY TO REGISTER USING WEBREG
(ALSO THE LAST DAY TO CANCEL REGISTRATION AND RECEIVE 100% REFUND.)
- December 23 - CLASSES BEGIN
- December 24 - MAKE UP DATE (In case of official campus closure December 23)
- January 3 - LAST DAY TO RECEIVE 50% REFUND WITH “W” GRADE. In person only.
- January 6 - LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW WITH “W” GRADE (NO REFUND). In person only.
- January 7 - MAKE UP DATE (In case of official campus closure January 3-January 6)
- January 13 - WINTER SESSION 2017 ENDS
- January 14 - MAKE UP DATE (In case of official campus closure January 9-January 13)
Most students will have direct access to the Web Registration (WEBREG) System with the exception of the following groups:
- New Fall 2016 Undergraduate Freshmen in NCAS / UC-N / RBS / SCJ / SPAA
- All NCAS / UC-N / SCJ / SPAA students with a cumulative average below 2.0
- All Undergraduate RBS students with cumulative average below 2.5
- All graduate and undergraduate Non-Matriculated students
- PhD Management Students (620)
- PhD Applied Math Students (645)
All students falling into these categories must see their academic Advisor to obtain an academic advisement form, authorized by the student's Academic Dean's advisor or program director. Then bring the form to the Registrar's Office (at the 3rd floor of Blumenthal Hall) in order to process the Winter Session registration.
Students may only register for a maximum of four (4) credits in the Winter Session. Registration for additional credits must be approved in writing by the student's Academic Dean.
Early Registration begins Monday October 3, 2016 through December 5, 2016
WEBREG hours of availability is posted on the WEBREG Login site.
Students may override closed courses via WEBREG, eligible students (those who havbe completed all prerequisites of the course) by obtaining a Special permission numbers (SP#). Students must contact the instructor or the department offering the course for special permission. Click here to search Rutgers
(Note: the SP# does not override Prerequisites, therefore students must have completed all pre-requisites in order to effectively register for a closed course with the SP#.)
Beginning October 3, 2016 students requiring assistance on registering for Winter Session courses may visit the Office of the Registrar during our regular office hours:
Mon., Tues., Thur., Fri. - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Wed. - 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
The following web registration restrictions require in-person registration:
- Maximum credit over-rides are processed with written permission from the Academic Dean.
- Pre-requisite over-rides are processed with written permission from the department offering the course.
- Registering for a credit hour prefix, i.e. official audits or pass/no credit option.
LATE REGISTRATION ($125 late fee assessed)
Late registration begins Tuesday, December 6, 2016 and continues through Thursday, December 22, 2016.
In-person Registration is available at our office in Blumenthal Hall 3rd floor during our regular office hours noted above.
Students may also visit our office during our Evening Hours every Wednesday Night until 6:00pm, (except Wednesday Nov. 23) until December 14, 2016.
NOTE:Term Bill Payments, including $125 Late Fee, is expected upon registration during the Late Registration period.
Submission of the Winter Session 2017 Term Bill finalizes registration.
Term Bill information and a link for payment can be found on the Office of Student Accounting Office website at:http://studentabc.rutgers.edu/student-account.
Once registered, students may pay term bills online by logging into the Student Account System linked here.
Term Bills will be due December 5, 2016.
Term Bill Payments and Late Registrations received AFTER December 6, 2015 will incur $125 Late Fee, which is expected upon payment.
Students are responsible for confirming their attendance for Winter Session even if their charges are fully covered by their financial aid. Students are responsible for paying their semester charges on or before their scheduled due date.