NJ Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility
Do you qualify for the New Jersey Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility Program ?
Rutgers University-Newark is a participating institution in the New Jersey Unemployed Workers Tuition Waiver Program. Every participating institution prepares its own policy to govern the process of maintaining this valuable resource for our state's unemployed population.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR UNEMPLOYED TUITION WAIVER STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Prior to every semester, verify your FAFSA for the academic year is complete and submitted.
- Unemployed Tuition Waiver Students must meet with their School's Advising Office to schedule an appointment each semester of eligibility. By meeting with your Academic Advisor first helps guide you in creating an Academic Plan. It's mandatory to obtain an extensive list of courses from your Academic Advisor. Please provide this list to your Department of Labor counselor.
- Certification period will no longer be conducted at the Office of the Registrar for Spring, Rutgers Business School (22) - Graduate for Summer, and Fall. After meeting with your Academic Advisor and Department of Labor Counselor, please fill out an acknowledgment form, then scan and upload the form including your Employability Development Plan (EDP) to our portal.
- Visit the Registrar's Office during add/drop period beginning on the third day of classes and bring all approved forms (Department of Labor Training form, EDP, Acknowledgment form, and Advisement Course Sheet).
- A checklist is provided below to assist you with the important steps using the Unemployed Tuition Waiver Program.
The certification period for regular (Non-RBS-Graduate) Winter 2020 is processed by the Office of Summer/Winter Sessions.
Qualified NJ Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility Applicant Checklist
The following information should be used as a guide to ensure compliance with the university's policy governing this program.
To be eligible for the waiver, you must complete all items on the checklist in the order described and within the correct time frame. You will not be required to submit this checklist during the process.