NJ Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility
Do you qualify for the New Jersey Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility Program?
Rutgers University-Newark is a participating institution in the New Jersey Unemployed Workers Tuition Waiver Program. Every participating institution prepares its own policy to govern the process of maintaining this valuable resource for our state's unemployed population.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR UNEMPLOYED TUITION WAIVER STUDENTS AS OF 5/27/2022 - PLEASE READ
We are open and happy to assist with your questions Monday through Friday 8:30am-4;30pm.
The best way to reach us is via online at: https://go.rutgers.edu/myrunsupport.
- Summer Session 2022: For Undergraduate and Graduate (SPAA, SCJ, GSN only) students seeking NJ Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility for Summer Session 2022, please contact the Summer Session Department for more information.
- For Rutgers Business School Graduate Students for Summer 2022, the deadline dates to submit the Unemployed Tuition Waiver paperwork has been posted under Important Dates. By submitting the paperwork by the deadline date according to your program will streamline the paperwork process for registration, financial aid, and student accounting for the first day of registration which begins on the third day of classes. Please refer to the step-by-step guide to assist with the UTW process.
- Unemployed Tuition Waiver Students must meet with their School's Advising Office to schedule an appointment each semester of eligibility. By meeting with your Academic Advisor first helps guide you in creating an Academic Plan. It's mandatory to obtain an extensive list of courses from your Academic Advisor. Please provide this list to your Department of Labor counselor.
- After meeting with your Academic Advisor and Department of Labor Counselor, you must upload the 4 forms below according to the deadline date under Important Dates via online to the Registrar Portal at https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cvUbukTX2XnfksB by logging in with your NetID and password. If you have trouble uploading the documents, please send a request to https://go.rutgers.edu/myrunsupport and we will be more than happy to assist. Here are the 4 forms:
- Acknowledgment Form
- Advisement Sheet with a list of approved courses signed off by your Academic Advisor. An extensive list of courses allows for more flexibility in creating your schedule
- Unemployed Person Job Training Form (Retrieve from Department of Labor Counselor)
- Employability Development Plan (EDP) (Retrieve from Department of Labor Counselor)
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR EACH SEMESTER/SESSION:
- Prior to every semester, verify your FAFSA for the academic year is complete and submitted.
- Please contact your Department of Labor Counselor to discuss your eligibility for the upcoming semester/session.
For Undergraduate and Graduate (SPAA, SCJ, GSN only) students seeking NJ Workforce Tuition Waiver Eligibility for Summer Session 2022, please contact the Summer Session Department for more information.
Summer Term 2022 for Rutgers Business School Graduates (pdf link)
A checklist is provided to assist you with the important steps using the Unemployed Tuition Waiver Program.
The Registrar's Office can be contacted by using this form: https://go.rutgers.edu/myrunsupport.