Winter Registration Instructions
WINTER SESSION 2019
Get ahead, graduate early, lighten your course load by taking a Winter Session course.
The following instructions are intended for Continuing Rutgers University - Newark Students, as such, individuals who are not currently attending Rutgers may enroll for Winter Session courses as Visiting Non-Rutgers Students by following the instructions on the Winter Session website.
Search through a list of courses being offered for Winter Session 2019 at the Rutgers Schedule of Classes. Select the Term: "Winter 2019", Location: "Newark" and Level: "Undergraduate" or "Graduate", then click "Continue".
Continuing students seeking to register for Winter Session courses should review the following instructions.
- QUICK LINKS:
- Registration Dates
- Registration Procedures
- WEBREG Hours
- In-Person Registration
- Late Registration
- Term Bill Payment
- October 1 - REGISTRATION BEGINS
- December 4 - 20 - LATE REGISTRATION & PAYMENT PERIOD
(Note: that $125 late fee is assessed.)
- December 20 - LAST DAY TO REGISTER USING WEBREG
(ALSO THE LAST DAY TO CANCEL REGISTRATION AND RECEIVE 100% REFUND.)
- December 21 - WINTER SESSION 2019 CLASSES BEGIN
- January 2 - LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE WITH 'W' GRADE AND 50% REFUND. In-person only.
- January 7 - LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW WITH “W” GRADE (NO REFUND). In person only.
- January 18 - WINTER SESSION 2019 ENDS
- Click here for Complete Winter Session Dates
Most students will have direct access to the Web Registration (WEBREG) System with the exception of the following groups:
- New Fall 2018 Undergraduate Freshmen in NCAS / UC-N / RBS / SCJ / SPAA
- All NCAS / UC-N / SCJ / SPAA students with a cumulative average below 2.0
- All Undergraduate RBS students with cumulative average below 2.5
- All graduate and undergraduate Non-Matriculated students
- PhD Management Students (620)
- PhD Applied Math Students (645)
All students falling into these categories must see their academic Advisor to obtain an academic advisement form, authorized by the student's Academic Dean's advisor or program director. The form should be submitted to the Registrar's Office (at the 3rd floor of Blumenthal Hall) in order to process the Winter Session registration.
Students may only register for a maximum of four (4) credits in the Winter Session. Registration for additional credits must be approved in writing by the student's Academic Dean.
Early Registration begins October 1, 2018 through December 20, 2018.
WEBREG hours of availability is posted on the WEBREG Login site.
Students may override closed courses via WEBREG, eligible students (those who have completed all prerequisites of the course) by obtaining a Special Permission Numbers (SPN). Students must contact the instructor or the department offering the course for special permission. Click here to search for Rutgers departments.
(Note: Students must have completed all prerequisites in order to effectively register for a closed course. The SPN will only override the closed course restriction, but does not override Prerequisites.)
Beginning October 1, 2018 students requiring assistance on registering for Winter Session courses may visit the Office of the Registrar during our regular office hours:
Mon., Tues., Thur., Fri. - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Wed. - 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
The following web registration restrictions require in-person registration:
- Registering for more than 4 credits requires a Maximum Credit Overide. Students must obtain permission from their Academic Dean to authorize the Registrar to override this credit restriction.
- Students registering into course requiring Prerequisite Override must be approved by the department offering the course and processed by the Registrar staff.
- Registering for a credit hour prefix, i.e., repeated courses, official audits or pass/no credit option.
LATE REGISTRATION ($125 late fee assessed)
Late registration begins December 4, 2018 and continues through December 20, 2018.
In-person Registration is available at our office in Blumenthal Hall 3rd floor during our regular office hours noted above.
Students may also visit our office during our Evening Hours every Wednesday Night until 6:00pm, (except Wednesday Nov. 21) and ends December 12, 2018.
NOTE:Term Bill Payments, including $125 Late Fee, is expected upon registration during the Late Registration period.
Submission of the Winter Session 2019 Term Bill finalizes registration.
Term Bill information and a link for payment can be found on the Office of Student Accounting Office website at:http://studentabc.rutgers.edu/student-account.
Once registered, students may pay term bills online by logging into the Student Account System linked here.
Term Bills will be due December 3, 2018.
Term Bill Payments and Late Registrations received AFTER December 3, 2018 will incur $125 Late Fee, which is expected upon payment.
Students are responsible for confirming their attendance for Winter Session even if their charges are fully covered by their financial aid. Students are responsible for paying their semester charges on or before their scheduled due date.